Offering courses in Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. GOENKA in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
The Vancouver Island Vipassana Association (VIVA) is presenting several one-day courses throughout the year for old students who have completed at least one ten-day course with S.N. Goenka or his assistant teachers. One-day courses are an ideal way to refresh your practice. One-day courses are typically conducted by an assistant teacher who is available to answer meditator’s questions during lunch interviews. When an assistant teacher is not available to conduct the course, an authorized old student will play one-day course instructions and there are no interviews to clarify meditators’ questions.
As with all Vipassana courses, donations are the only source of funding.
- Prior registration is not required.
- Bring a cushion, floor mat, and non-perishable vegetarian lunch for yourself.
- There is a small kitchen with microwave, kettle and fridge.
- Please arrive on time so that you do not disturb others.
- There is a 10 minute break after each sitting. If you are coming part-time, please try to arrive during this break period or during the lunch break.
- Please do not enter or leave the meditation hall during the sitting.
If you are able to offer a ride or in need of a ride please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This One-Day Course will be held at 620 Toronto Street, Victoria. When you are on the sidewalk (on Toronto street) and facing the front of the building, there is a wooden gate to your RIGHT - this is the entrance to where the day sits are. (view map).
BC Transit maps and schedules: http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/schedules/map.cfm
|8:45-9:00 a.m||Arrive / Registration|
|9:00-9:50 a.m.||Course Opening – Anapana Instructions|
|10:00-11:00 a.m.||Group Sitting|
|11:10-12:00 p.m.||Vipassana Instructions|
|12:00-1:00 p.m.||Lunch Break & Interviews with Assistant Teacher (if present)|
|2:30-3:30 p.m.||Group Sitting|
|3:40-4:20 p.m.||Discourse & Metta – Course Closing|
|4:20-4:30 p.m.||Clean Up, Dana/ Information Table|
Please contact Rober Baker, VIVA Trust, at 250.386.2338 or email@example.com