As with all Vipassana courses, donations are the only source of funding.
- Prior registration is helpful. Please send in your name, date and the location of your last course to email@example.com or call Robert Baker at 250.386.2338
- The building is not heated, and the temperature varies throughout the day, so please bring a variety of clothing.
- Bring your own cushions/mats, blankets.
- Lunch is between 12:30 and 1:00pm; please bring a bag lunch (vegetarian—no meat, no seafood, no eggs)!
- Bring your own cup, plate, utensils.
- Bring your own camp chair for during the lunch period.
- There is no electricity, so please do not bring food that needs to be heated up.
- There is no running water, so please be prepared to take away your dishes to wash at home.
- Please bring all the food you plan to eat during the day up to the meditation hall, where it will be safely stored, so that it will not attract any bears. There is a very, very slim likelihood of bears on the land, but we want to err on the side of caution.
- There is an outhouse.
- There will be parking partway up, and a lovely walk the rest of the way up the hill to the Dhamma Hall. If you need a ride up the hill, please let us know so that we can arrange a "shuttle" (see contact below).
If you are interested in sharing a ride to the Dhamma Modana one-day course please use our online rideshare board.
Ride sharing is a voluntary program.
This One-Day Course will be held at Dhamma Modana (view map).
Directions from Victoria:
- Go N. on Hwy. 1 about 45 km. You will go through the town of Duncan, past Thrifty Foods on you left, straight through the lights at the Forest Museum, past Honda and Toyota on your right. Shortly after that you turn left at the lights onto the Cowichan Valley Hwy, Highway 18, towards Lake Cowichan.
- After about 25 km you come to a junction where you take the right fork onto Youbou Road. The centre is exactly 1 km along Youbou Rd. [Do not go into the town, which is the left fork.] Pass Neva Rd. then the entrance to “The Slopes” on your right, and the center is the next driveway on the right at 8293 Youbou Rd.
- You can park at the entrance, and walk across the bridge and up the hill to the center, which is about a 10 minute walk, or you can drive across the bridge, CAREFULLY, and park where there is a parking sign.
|10:00-11:00 a.m.||Course Opening - Anapana Instructions|
|11:30-12:30 p.m.||Vipassana Instructions|
|12:30-1:00 p.m.||Lunch Break|
|2:00-3:00 p.m.||Group Sitting|
|3:00-4:00 p.m.||Discourse & Metta - Course Closing|
Please contact Rober Baker, VIVA Trust, at 250.386.2338 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in helping with the setup or take-down of a one-day course in your locality, or if you would like more information about giving Dhamma service in your locality then please email email@example.com or fill in our Interest in Dhamma Service form and a service coordinator will contact you.